Terms & Conditions
Expected Delivery Time: Expected delivery time is less than one week. Any items not in stock will be put on back order and sent freight free when available. NZ delivery is charged at the following Rates:
|Up to $40.00:||$6.50|
|$40.01 to $200.00:||$13.50|
|$200.01 to $500.00:||$18.00|
|$500.01 and over:||$0.00|
Out of stock items will be placed on back order and dispatched freight free as soon as they are available. These items will not be invoiced until delivery. If you are not happy with the expected delivery date of any backordered items, you have the right to cancel these items.
We offer all of our resources on a 30-day approval basis (with the exception of multi-user software licences). If you decide a product is not for you, please return it in a re-saleable condition within 30 days. Call our customer services department on 09 579 9672 to book the return in. Please note that return postage and insurance costs of returns cannot be refunded to you.
Please be aware that you are responsible for all returned goods until they reach our offices, so please obtain proof of postage.
Faulty or Damaged Items
In the unlikely event that you receive a faulty or damaged product, please call us on 09 579 9672 to arrange a replacement or refund.
Please report any shortages within 48 hours of delivery.
The prices on our website are shown inclusive of GST. The GST total is shown in your shopping basket.
Smart Kids grants you the non-exclusive right to install and use our software to help students learn. A single user licence allows you to install and use a CD-ROM on one computer at a time. A 5 user licence allows you to install and use a CD-ROM on up to 5 computers at a time. An unlimited licence allows you to install and use a CD-ROM on an unlimited amount of computers within the physical bounds of the educational establishment.
1. When you see an item you want to buy, click on the "Add to Basket" button. This places the item in an electronic shopping cart.
2. If you would like to see the items in your shopping cart click the text 'Shopping Basket' in the top right hand corner of our website and your shopping basket will appear. Your shopping basket can be viewed whenever you like and as many times as you like.
3. When you are satisfied with the items in your shopping basket click on "Proceed to Payment" button in the shopping basket.
4. If you are an existing customer, simply enter you email address and password. Your delivery details will be automatically updated but you will still need to enter your credit card details as we do not store these in our database. If you are a new customer we will ask you for your name, invoice address, delivery address (if different to your address), and credit card details. There is also an option to order without setting up an account which some customers find preferable.
5. On the Delivery & Payment page enter your details and separate delivery details (if applicable). If you have set up an account check the details are correct and update if necessary. At the bottom of this page is a selector box, which by default is set to Credit Card Payment. You can also select to pay by Internet Banking or if you are a school we can send an invoice with the goods. Once you have looked everything over, click on Place Order' and a page will appear that confirms your order. You will also be sent an email with an Order Confirmation and Order ID.International Customers
The following companies distribute our products:
|Australia:||Smart Kids Australia Pty Ltd||www.smartkids.com.au|
|EU:||Smart Kids UK Ltd||www.smartkids.ie|
|Republic of Ireland:||Smart Kids UK Ltd||www.smartkids.ie|
|New Zealand:||Smart Kids NZ Ltd||www.smartkids.co.nz|
|Singapore:||Big Tree Edu Aids Pte Ltd||www.big-tree.com.sg|
|United Kingdom:||Smart Kids UK Ltd||www.smartkids.co.uk|
|USA & Canada:||Didax Inc.||www.didax.com|
Smart Kids (NZ) Ltd has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website: www.smartkids.co.nz. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. In order to create an account on our site you will be required to provide us with some contact information (e.g. name and email address). We might occasionally use this contact information to inform you of relevant new products and services. If at any time you receive unwanted information from Smart Kids (NZ) Ltd please contact us and we will remove you from our records. This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Smart Kids (NZ) Ltd are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites. However, we will never share your details directly with another company.
Our site uses a form to help us manage requests. We collect contact information (like email addresses) which is used to respond to enquiries, or get in touch with you when necessary.
We may run competitions on our site in which we ask for contact information (like email address). We use contact information from competitions to send information about our company. Contact information is also used to contact you when necessary. Any other information is shared only within Smart Kids (NZ) Ltd. We do not make data available to any third parties.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used, and to provide some information on how cookies are used. The www.smartkids.co.nz website (in common with most other shopping websites) will not work without cookies.
If you have forgotten your password enter your click on the "Forgotten Password?" button on the account login page and a new password will be sent to you.
Smart Kids Ltd offers a secure online commerce environment. All credit transactions occur in a secure area of our site, protecting you from loss or misuse of information.